Friday, December 7, 2012

I know I haven't been here as much as I would like, but I have been so busy!! This is the last weekend of the Renaissance Festival, and then Christmas is coming up!! I have a few things I'm planning to make, I just have to find the time to start them!!



To start off with, I'll show my latest coord!





JSK & Blouse: Handmade
Fur Shawl: Forever 21
Belt & Pearls: Vintage(Grandmother's)

This is my first 50s inspired coord and I love it!! I plan to wear either nude or black tights and a pair of black Mary Jane heels. I don't think I'll be able to worry about a head piece though because I'm going to wear this after a day at Faire and my hair will already be done and pinned up. I could possibly wear a pearl headband, or use my pearl hair combs. I'll when it comes to that. This outfit is for a cast awards party tomorrow night. I'll post a picture of it worn soon!


The next thing I would like to announce is that I got engaged!!! My fiance proposed in front of hundreds of people last Saturday at the Renaissance Faire. He handed out 4 dozen roses to people in the crowd and while they bombarded me with flowers, he swept in between them and got down on one knee. So of course I said yes!! He thought of everything and had been planning it for four months!! Almost all of my family was there. Mom, Dad, Maw-maw, Paw-paw, my nephew Ian, my best friend Susan were all there!! But my brother and sister-in-law couldn't make it because they live in Houston. Oh! And all of my friends from cast were there.


Here are a few pictures from the moment


(You can just make out my best friend/Maid of Honor, Susan, in the top right corner!!)

(That's my Mom and Dad in the background. I don't know who was crying more, me or my mom!!)


My ring!! 

My good friend Melanie Gaudin took the photos! I'm so glad she was there. Without her, I wouldn't have the memories preserved. She took so many wonderful shots!! I don't know how I can thank her... maybe I'll put her in my wedding party haha!

So at this point I'm planning for Christmas, I'm planning to move to Houston, and I'm planning a wedding!! Good thing I like planning things!!

Thanks for reading!











No comments:

Post a Comment