Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Reserve from Alice and the Pirates!!

Hello all!
I'm really excited for AatP's newest reserve!! It's called Empress beloved Dead ~Elisabeth~ and it's named and designed after a musical, named Elizabeth. It's an Viennese musical written in German. It's about Empress Elizabeth of Austria. It is the most successful German-language musical of all time. It is currently at the Takarazuka Revue in  Tokyo and Hyogo, Japan. Now I will admit, I have never seen it, but that doesn't mean I can't love the dress right?? 

Courtesy of Baby, the Stars Shine Bright





There are two versions of dresses, one skirt, socks, an "old-school" headdress, a bonnet, and accessories. There is also an "overdress" OP and Men's wear. I'm going to touch on the dresses and the head pieces. I personally love the 2nd version of the JSK and the headdress! Like other reserves, the other colors haven't been released yet, but I think the black colorway will be the best for this print because of the way the colors pop against it. I also think the navy will be lovely. I find the red makes the print disappear due the strong color, and I think the ivory, while lovely, won't do justice to the print at all. 


Onto the pieces!!


First up we have the first version of the JSKs

Courtesy of BtSSB/AatP


I love the design of this dress. I really love the princess fronts Baby/Alice uses. But this dress is a great example of how the red colorway just drains the print of all pop and color. I would like to know if they plan to release a name of the JSK style. For now it's just 'I' and 'II'. I like the fancy, femine names they give to the dresses.
Courtesy of Baby/AatP


This is my favorite piece of the set. And I adore the black colorway. It makes the colors just stand out so perfectly!! Also, the lace on this set is gold!! So luxurious! This dress is longer than the normal Baby/AatP dresses, at about 40.5 inches long. For a tall girl like me that is wonderful to see!!


Courtesy of Baby/AatP
I think this is a pretty standard high waisted skirt from Baby. I wish they would've added maybe roses to the front instead of the bows. I feel as if the bows just disappear into the rest of the fabric.


Courtesy of Baby/AatP

This is the bonnet for this set. Baby seems to be putting out quite a few bonnets this year, and I'm not complaining!! I don't really like this bonnet though. I think it would work better if it was floppy and ruffled. Also, I don't care for that black rose, but I suppose you could just remove it.


Courtesy of Baby/AatP
I love this headdress!! I recently discovered that I can wear them without looking completely ridiculous. I love how the print is perfectly centered on the top and the rose at the side. On the other side there is a gold lace Fleur de Lis.


Courtesy of Baby/AatP

This is Elisabeth's Overrobe. I like it, but I don't think it's necessary. I do love that huge white rose lace on the bodice though!!



I love how they named the colors for this set: Antique(Ivory), Rosario(Red), Raphael(Navy), and Noir(Black). I know they use these names frequently, but I always appreciate the fancification(is that a word?? haha) of the colors!!



The main reason why I'm so excited for this set (other than it being stunningly gorgeous) is because my fiancé is getting me the JSK II and the Headdress for my Christmas present!! I'm going to get it reserved through Baby SF and I'll order it in the black colorway!! I think I'll be making a red chiffon blouse to wear with it!! And I plan on wearing this to Anime Masturi 2013's Tea Party on Saturday where Misako Aoki and the designers of Baby & Alice will be hosting!! Oh it's so exciting!!!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment