Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

This year I plan to participate in Mrs. Caro's "Lolita 52 Challenge". I love the topics and I think it will be a lot of fun. 

From F Yeah Lolita
Here is the original post from F Yeah Lolita. 


Here is a list of the topics:




  •  5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
  •  5 movies for Lolitas
  •  What my own Lolita lifestyle is like 
  •  Favorite thing to put on my head
  •  My wardrobe turnover
  •  My favorite Lolita brand
  •  Why I wear Lolita?
  •  Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
  •  5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
  •  How I first found out about Lolita
  •  3 trends I wish would come back
  •  Combining other fashions with Lolita
  •  Lolitas I have met in real life
  •  Lolitas I would love to meet
  •  3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
  •  10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
  •  My first meetup
  •  Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
  •  Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
  •  How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
  •  Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
  •  How I accessorize
  •  What influences my Lolita style
  •  What's in my makeup bag
  •  Best places to wear Lolita
  •  How I get out of a wardrobe slump
  •  Purses that I love
  •  Bloomers or no bloomers?
  •  Lolitafying things in my everyday life
  •  How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
  •  Impulse buys that were totally worth it
  •  My best deal
  •  Something that I made
  •  Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
  •  What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
  •  Nails to match my favorite looks
  •  Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
  •  Favorite hair style
  •  Most versatile Lolita item I own
  •  5 inspirational fictional characters
  •  Fondest meetup memory
  •  The ways in which I fit the cliche
  •  The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
  •  How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
  •  Something that was a gift
  •  Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
  •  The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
  •  My "signature" outfit
  •  My favorite Lolita print
  •  What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
  •  Predict the next Lolita trend!
  •  How Lolita has changed me



  • I will begin the challenge in this post, with the first question, and then I plan to pick a different question each week.

    5 pieces that every wardrobe should have, regardless of style

    1: A Versatile Blouse

    It doesn't matter if it's for Sweet, Classic, or Gothic, I think every wardrobe should have at least one blouse that goes with everything. It should fit your body right, and it should be comfortable to wear. My go to blouse, well, blouses really, are my two handmade chiffon blouses. I made one and I wanted another, so they are very similar.

    Both blouses made by myself

    With the colors being white and cream that means I can wear them with anything in my wardrobe!!
    And oh how I do!

    2: A "Go-to" Dress

    There are some days when you just want to get up and put on clothes and go, and that's when you need a quick and easy dress the most. It could be a JSK or an OP, and the most important part is that you can throw on anything else you own with it and it looks great!! It needs to be comfortable, too, so you can run to class if need be. My "Go-To" dress is Innocent World's Linderhorf JSK in Bordeaux.

    From HelloLace.net


     I bought it off the comm sales in October and I've wore it four or five times since then. I told myself I need to figure out a few more coords before I can wear it again.

    3: Comfortable Shoes

    As one who has bunions(yes, at 22. I blame ballet) I need comfortable shoes, be it high heel or not.  Your feet support the rest of your body, and if they get tired, so you do. No one wants to be around someone who is cranky and complaining about pain all the time, do they? My most comfortable shoes are actually heels. They aren't too high and I can wear them with 80% of my wardrobe.

    Offbrand shoes found at TJ Maxx

    You can always enhance your shoe comfort by adding insoles too. I have other shoes that are comfortable, but I always end up taking them off at one point.

    4: A Cardigan, Lace or Not

    You don't always want to wear your blouse, but you don't want to be immodest, so what do you do? You grab a nice cardigan! I prefer lace cardigans to the knit ones, but to each her own! I have three lace cardigans and one knit, but my favorite is lace. It made be myself, and it was so easy and quick!

    Handmade by myself

    I use it so often; it's a favorite piece in my wardrobe. It's often hot and humid where I live, so it's a great alternative to a blouse.

    5: A Universal Purse

    You need a purse that can match or go with almost any outfit you have. It shouldn't be a burden to carry, and it should be able to fit everything you may need for the day. My favorite purse for my Lolita is one I found at Forever 21. It had a cross body length chain strap, but I wanted a shoulder bag, so I took some of the chain out!

    Bought at Forever 21

    It can fit my wallet, my phone, chapstick, lip gloss, my MP3 player, my keys, and still have room. It can't fit my DSLR though, but not many purses can!!



    Wow, narrowing it down to five was hard! I think that I need to add a six and seven in. Legwear(OTKs, ankle socks, or tights) and Headwear(hats, headbands, and corsages). They can be just as, or more, essential to an outfit and wardrobe than anything!

    How about you? What do you think the most important items are for any Lolita? I'd love to read your thoughts!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment